The SIU College of Business’ mission is to support our students with a comprehensive experience both within and beyond the classroom walls. The college equips our students with a great education and we want to make sure that they do not miss out on any job or professional opportunities due to the lack of proper attire.
We are opening the College of Business Career Closet in Fall 2016. The closet includes donated and purchased professional business attire that is appropriate for interviews and other business functions. Students will be able to visit the closet throughout the semester and borrow complete business suits or just the pieces that they need. With the support of alumni, the students have the opportunity to borrow professional pieces up to one week at no cost.
The college is accepting donations of new or like-new business clothing, including suits, dress shirts, blouses of all sizes and ties. Clothing can be mailed to or dropped off at:
Business Placement Center
1025 Lincoln Drive, Mail Code 4619
Carbondale, IL 62901
There are also various monetary sponsorship opportunities available.
- Suit Package Sponsor - $250
- At this sponsorship level, your gift will go towards a professional attire package which includes a business suit, shirt and tie (men), shirt and accessory (women), and a pair of shoes.
- Suit Sponsor - $100
- At this sponsorship level, your gift will go towards the purchase of a business suit.
- Professional Attire Sponsor - $50
- At this sponsorship level, your gift will go towards the purchase of one article of professional business attire.
- Dry Cleaning Sponsor - $25
- At this sponsorship level, your gift will go towards the cost of one garment bag and dry cleaning service.
Your contribution will allow the College of Business to make purchases which will supplement the items donated to ensure we have a wide selection available for students.