Student Resources & Tools
The Business Placement Center provides a variety of services and resources to help College of Business students evaluate major and career options, develop job and internship opportunities and prepare for interviews. Our goal is to ensure that our students are comfortable and confident in interview situations and have a clear understanding of their career goals. We encourage our students to visit our staff members and take full advantage of our services starting their first semester as a College of Business student.
- Selecting a career path
- Exploring interests, values, skills, and possible careers
- Exploring potential salaries, working conditions, salary negotiation, and job markets
- Developing a resume or cover letter or have an existing application materials critiqued
- Developing skills to maximize job interviews
- Identifying employers in a specific career field or geographic area
- Finding and applying to graduate and professional schools
- Connecting students with employers and alumni
- Searching for experimential learning opportunities, such as, internships, company visits, and externship
- Selecting professional clothing for interviews, company visits, career fairs, and networking events. (The College of Business provides a FREE professional clothing rental through our Career Closet program.)
Please note: The Business Placement Center at SIU's College of Business strongly recommends that job seekers conduct their own research on any potential company/organization where they seek employment or internship. The BPC does not screen for salaries and some internships positions may be stipend based or unpaid. We recommend that interested applicants investigate the position and company to ensure that they comply with the Department of Labor Unpaid Internship guidelines.
|Career Closet||Career Counseling||Career Fairs||Career Guide||Career Trips||Career Tools||Handshake||Externship||Internship||Salary & Employer|